Wooden Victorian Bat House Shelter
Bats are an important part of a functioning, thriving ecosystem. Support the ecologically essential role bats play in the environment with this USA-made Victorian Bat House Shelter that's as functional as it is beautiful.
Enjoy the intricately designed beauty of this hand-crafted bat house while also providing a warm place for bats to roost, protected from wind and predators. Beneficial bats can consume hundreds of mosquitoes and other bugs while they feed at night, making them an all-natural method of pest control as well as useful for pollination and seed dispersal.
The steeply pitched hand-shingled roof is made of cypress with a ventilation gap in the easement and a copper ridge. Inside are divided living quarters with two vertical chambers to maximize roosting room for up to 100 bats with a landing pad at the base. A piece of rough wood separates the chambers inside to allow bats to cling when roosting.
The attractive bat house comes ready to mount on a pole, building or barn; south or southeast facing is usually best. Trees are not favorable mounting spots as they enables predators, are usually too shady (cold) with branches that can impede a bats' flight. Place bat house 15-20 feet off the ground to protect against predators, and ideally near a water source and away from bright lights.
Bats that may use this house include big brown, cave, eastern pipistrelle, evening, little brown, Mexican free-tailed, northern long-eared, pallid, Pallas' mastiff, Rafinesque's big-eared, southeastern and Yuma bats.
- Supports the ecologically essential role bats play in the environment
- Beneficial bats provide all-natural method of pest control, pollination and seed dispersal
- Beautifully hand-crafted and hand-painted bat house provides warm, protected roosting place for up to 100 bats
- Features horizontal siding with steeply pitched hand-shingled cypress roof with copper trim
- Includes divided living quarters with 2 vertical chambers to maximize roosting room with landing pad at base
- Mount on a garage, barn or pole (not on a tree)
- Place bat house 15-20 feet off the ground to protect against predators
- Made in the USA
Approx. 6"L x 15"W x 30"H
Note: Due to this product's hand painted and dappled finish, individual product coloration may vary.