Madison Farmhouse Lighted Birdhouse And Pedestal Pole Set
Our Madison Farmhouse Lighted Birdhouse And Pole is a replica of a genuine, circa 1900 farmhouse in classic American style. At night, the tiny, battery-powered LED lights illuminate the farmhouse with a golden glow.
With its shingles, dramatic door and window moldings and a Gothic edged roof line, this bird house adds timeless appeal to your landscape. You'll love the charming front porch, and shutters.
Birds will love the features designed just for them, including a 1¼" dia. opening to attract wrens, chickadees, nuthatches and other little songbirds. Removable back for easy cleaning; drainage holes and ventilation for a healthy environment.
Crafted from solid wood panels and plywood with an unpainted natural interior and a non-toxic, exterior finish.Includes a swing paddle for easy installation, or purchase the set with pole. Auto-timer: on for 6 hours, off for 18. Takes 3 AA batteries, not included.
Hang with the attached mounting bracket or pole mount on the optional two-piece Turned Wood Pole. Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood finished with outdoor paint.
Mounting to pedestal may require holes to be pre-drilled in the birdhouse.
- Farmhouse style birdhouse is patterned after a circa 1900 farmhouse
- Beautifully designed with porch, shutters, Gothic trim and dramatic windows
- House lights up with battery-operated LED lights on a timer
- Wood plant and plywood construction with cedar shingles
- Removable back for cleaning; unpainted interior and drainage holes
- 1¼" dia. opening attracts small, desirable songbirds
- Swing up paddle for easy installation or purchase the set with pole
- Battery-operated lights with auto timer: 6 hours on, 18 hours off
- Takes 3 AA batteries, not included
- Mounting to pedestal may require holes to be pre-drilled in the birdhouse
Birdhouse 8¾"L x 6¼"D x 8¾"H
1¼" dia. opening
Pole 16" x 16" base x 43"H
Mounting platform approx. 6" x 8"
Care & Maintenance
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color.