Kingsgate Cottage Lighted Birdhouse and Pedestal Pole Set
This Kingsgate Cottage Lighted Birdhouse and Pole features all-American style! At night, the tiny, battery-powered lights illuminate the farmhouse cottage with a golden glow.
With cedar shingles and Victorian millwork, this fully-functional lighted birdhouse features two distinct roof lines with intricate details accenting the door trims, porch railings and shuttered windows.
Features a 1¼" dia. opening to attract wrens, chickadees, nuthatches and the other little songbirds you love. Removable back for easy cleaning; drainage holes and ventilation for a healthy environment.
Crafted from solid wood panels and plywood with an unpainted natural interior and a non-toxic, exterior finish.
Hang with the attached mounting bracket or pole mount on the optional two-piece Turned Wood Pole. Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood finished with outdoor paint.
Auto-timer: on for 6 hours, off for 18. Takes 3 AA batteries, not included.
Mounting to pedestal may require holes to be pre-drilled in the birdhouse.
- Lighted birdhouse is bird habitat and yard art all-in-one
- Beautifully designed many details from porch to gables, railings and more
- Interior lights with on/off/auto-timer (6 hours on, 18 hours off)
- 1¼" dia. opening for songbirds: wrens, finches, chickadees and more
- Removable back wall for easy cleaning and healthier nesting
- Mounting bracket included; optional two-piece Turned Wood Pole
- Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood finished with outdoor paint
- Solid wood and plywood construction with cedar shingles
- Takes 3 AA batteries, not included
- Mounting to pedestal may require holes to be pre-drilled in the birdhouse
Birdhouse 11½"W x 7½"D x 10½"H
1¼" dia. opening
Pole 16" x 16" base x 43"H
Mounting platform approx. 6" x 8"
Materials & Care
Per customer feedback, our vendor has upgraded to solid wood for the roof decking and flooring of this birdhouse. Solid wood will prevent the delamination associated with the plywood previously used in these two areas.
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color..