Our Hooked Wool Black Bear in Birches Accent Rug brings the great outdoors to your home with a charming image of a young black bear climbing a birch tree.
Designed by Vermont artist Laura Megroz, our Wool Bear Rug is perfect for protecting and decorating your floors or hearth. All-natural, luxurious New Zealand wool is hand-hooked into a thick, chunky loop that provides substantial protection for your floors or in front of your fireplace.
Durable wool fibers are fire-resistant, sustainable, easy care and non-allergenic. Cotton canvas backing. Use with a rug pad. Spot clean or professionally clean. Imported.
- Hand-hooked New Zealand wool; cotton canvas back
- Black bear climbing in a forest of birch trees
- Beautiful, long-lasting, environmentally friendly wool
- Ideal for use as a hearth rug or accent rug anywhere
- Naturally flame-resistant, durable wool fibers
- All-natural, non-allergenic, mold-resistant
- Easy to clean, just vacuum or spot clean
- Manufacturer is Fair Labor Assoc. member
20" x 30"
20" x 30"
Care and Cleaning
Shake out or vacuum as needed (do not use beater attachment). Clean spills immediately by blotting with a cloth or sponge; do not rub. Spot clean with a mild detergent or soap/water solution. Professional cleaning recommended for stains.
Stray loops or loose yarns may occur and are normal. Do not pull them; snip neatly with scissors. New rugs may shed or "fuzz" - this is also normal and will eventually stop; vacuum to remove as needed (do not use beater attachment).
Benefits of Wool
Wool is a great choice for fireside use. It is naturally flame-resistant due to its fiber structure: wool has a very high ignition temperature, requires a high level of oxygen to sustain combustion, has a low heat of combustion (the amount of heat released in the burning process) and is self extinguishing. Wool does not melt or stick.