Delivery time estimates do not apply to personalized, large or heavy items (over 20lbs.) that require special shipping, items shipped directly from the manufacturer, or out-of-stock items.
Delivery estimates only apply to the contiguous United States. Saturday, Sunday and national holidays are not considered business days for these estimated transit days.
Wooden Victorian Bat House Shelter
Bats are an important part of a functioning, thriving ecosystem. Support the ecologically essential role bats play in the environment with this USA-made Victorian Bat House Shelter that's as functional as it is beautiful.
Enjoy the intricately designed beauty of this hand-crafted bat house while also providing a warm place for bats to roost, protected from wind and predators. Beneficial bats can consume hundreds of mosquitoes and other bugs while they feed at night, making them an all-natural method of pest control as well as useful for pollination and seed dispersal.
The steeply pitched hand-shingled roof is made of cypress with a ventilation gap in the easement and a copper ridge. Inside are divided living quarters with two vertical chambers to maximize roosting room for up to 100 bats with a landing pad at the base. A piece of rough wood separates the chambers inside to allow bats to cling when roosting.
The attractive bat house comes ready to mount on a pole, building or barn; south or southeast facing is usually best. Trees are not favorable mounting spots as they enables predators, are usually too shady (cold) with branches that can impede a bats' flight. Place bat house 15-20 feet off the ground to protect against predators, and ideally near a water source and away from bright lights.
Bats that may use this house include big brown, cave, eastern pipistrelle, evening, little brown, Mexican free-tailed, northern long-eared, pallid, Pallas' mastiff, Rafinesque's big-eared, southeastern and Yuma bats.
- Supports the ecologically essential role bats play in the environment
- Beneficial bats provide all-natural method of pest control, pollination and seed dispersal
- Beautifully hand-crafted and hand-painted bat house provides warm, protected roosting place for up to 100 bats
- Features horizontal siding with steeply pitched hand-shingled cypress roof with copper trim
- Includes divided living quarters with 2 vertical chambers to maximize roosting room with landing pad at base
- Mount on a garage, barn or pole (not on a tree)
- Place bat house 15-20 feet off the ground to protect against predators
- Made in the USA
Approx. 6"L x 15"W x 30"H
Note: Due to this product's hand painted and dappled finish, individual product coloration may vary.