Wreath Cottage Birdhouse - Yellow
TAKE 30% OFF YOUR CART with code BESTDEAL
This sweet little Wreath Cottage Birdhouse is the perfect place to come home to after a long, dreary season.
It features realistic details such as a cedar-shingled roof, window boxes full of flowers, railings, chimney, shutters and a welcoming wreath.
This classically styled birdhouse is constructed of a mix of hardwood and exterior-grade plywood, then painted with an outdoor paint.
The side opening is 1¼" dia. for wrens, finches and other songbirds. Remove the back wall for easy cleaning.
Can also be mounted to your own pole or post, but please note that holes may need to be pre-drilled into birdhouse first.
- A classic country cottage for your backyard habitat
- Details everywhere: gables, chimney, railings, shutters, fanlight
- Welcoming wreath on the door and flowers in window boxes
- 1¼" dia. opening is perfect for wrens, finches, chickadees and other songbirds
- Made of wood and plywood with resin accents and shingled roof
- Unpainted interior; non-toxic, exterior finish
- Removable back for easy cleaning, drainage holes and ventilation
- If mounting to your own post, pre-drilling of holes in birdhouse may be required
8½"L x 10¼"W x 10"H
8½"L x 10¼"W x 10"H
1¼" dia. opening
Materials & Care
Per customer feedback, our vendor has upgraded to solid wood for the roof decking and flooring of this birdhouse. Solid wood will prevent the delamination associated with the plywood previously used in these two areas.
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color.