Welcome Home Wooden Birdhouse and Pedestal Pole Set
From the “Welcome to our nest” doormat to the eye-catching red door, this house is one you and the songbirds will love.
A cedar shingled roof tops off the cottage graced with baskets and planters of red flowers, gingerbread trim, balcony and lots of windows. Painted in soft blue with bright white trim, no detail has been overlooked.
Perfect for wrens, chickadees, finches and titmice with a 1¼" dia. hole. Drainage, ventilation and a removable back for cleaning. Hangs easily from the back mounting paddle; can also be mounted on our wood pole, or on your own pole or post.
This classically styled birdhouse is constructed of hardwood and exterior-grade plywood, then painted with an outdoor paint.
- Charming cottage style birdhouse with many delightful details
- “Welcome to our nest” doormat, gingerbread trim, red flowers, blue paint
- 1¼" dia. opening attracts songbirds like wrens, titmice, chickadees
- Removable back for easy clean out, drainage holes and ventilation
- Hangs easily from the back mounting paddle; or use our pole
- Constructed of hardwood and exterior-grade plywood with cedar shingles
- Unpainted interior; non-toxic, exterior finish
Birdhouse 10¼"W x 8½"D x 10"H
1¼" dia. opening
Pole 16" x 16" base x 43"H
Mounting platform approx. 6" x 8"
Materials & Care
Per customer feedback, our vendor has upgraded to solid wood for the roof decking and flooring of this birdhouse. Solid wood will prevent the delamination associated with the plywood previously used in these two areas.
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color..