This classically styled Lighted Holiday Colonial Cottage Birdhouse is decked out for the season. Holiday wreaths are hung on the front door and windows, while a garland with bows hangs across the porch railings.
The house is constructed of exterior-grade plywood and kiln-dried hardwood, then painted with an outdoor paint. Shingles are cedar shake; intricate details are resin.
LED lights give the house a warm glow; timer allows you to keep the lights on for 8 hours/off for 16 hours. Takes 3 AA batteries, not included.
Two-story house has all the necessities to attract wrens, finches, chickadees and more to nest: ventilation, drainage, an unpainted interior and a 1¼" dia. opening. Back wall removes for easy cleaning.
This house comes with an attached mounting paddle on back which can be affixed to a post, tree or fence.
Can also be mounted to your own pole or post, but please note that holes may need to be pre-drilled into birdhouse first.
- Colonial style house decorated for the holidays
- Details include wreaths and garlands decorated with bows
- Makes a festive indoor decoration as well as a functional birdhouse
- Battery-operated LED lights offer a warm glow; on/off with timer
- Unpainted interior; non-toxic, exterior finish
- 1¼" dia. opening attracts songbirds, deters nuisance birds
- Removable back, drainage holes and ventilation
- Attached mounting paddle
- Takes 3 AA batteries, not included
- Wood and plyboard house; shingled roof
- If mounting to your own post, pre-drilling of holes in birdhouse may be required
7½"L x 10¼"W x 11"H
7½"L x 10¼"W x 11"H
1¼" dia. hole
Materials & Care
Per customer feedback, our vendor has upgraded to solid wood for the roof decking and flooring of this birdhouse. Solid wood will prevent the delamination associated with the plywood previously used in these two areas.
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color..