Cape Cod Celery Green Wooden Birdhouse and Pedestal Pole Set
Our most popular birdhouse is now available in a serene new color. The Cape Cod Celery Green Wooden Birdhouse will be a graceful addition to your landscape and a welcome home to your favorite songbirds.
The house is designed to attract small cavity dwellers including wrens, finches, chickadees, titmice and other songbirds.
Cedar shingles top this classic avian cottage residence with intricate details including a double porch with railings and dormer windows: plenty of places too perch!
The fully functional birdhouse features a removable back wall for easy cleaning and a 1¼" side entry hole leading to a single, unpainted nest box. Includes ventilation and a drainage holes.
A convenient paddleboard attached to the back allows you to hang this beautiful birdhouse anywhere. Display with the attached mounting bracket or mount on the optional two-piece Turned Wood Pole. Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood finished with outdoor paint.
Constructed of kiln-dried plywood with solid wood underlying the roof and floor. Unpainted interior; non-toxic, exterior finish for weather-resistance.
Mounting to pedestal may require holes to be pre-drilled in the birdhouse.
- Fully functional, beautifully styled wooden birdhouse with shingled roof
- Two-story porch with railings, dormer windows, chimney and more
- Lots of architectural details and a pretty celery-green painted finish
- Unpainted interior; non-toxic, exterior finish
- 1¼" dia. opening attracts songbirds of all kinds
- Removable back, drainage holes and ventilation for healthy nesting
- Solid wood and plywood house with cedar-shingled roof
- Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood with outdoor paint
- Mounting to pedestal may require holes to be pre-drilled in the birdhouse
10¼"W x 7¼"D x 11"H
Opening 1¼" dia.
Pole 16" x 16" base x 43"H
Mounting platform approx. 6" x 8"
Materials & Care
Per customer feedback, our vendor has upgraded to solid wood for the roof decking and flooring of this birdhouse. Solid wood will prevent the delamination associated with the plywood previously used in these two areas.
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color.