- Cast iron with matte black finish inside and out
- Steam comes out of the Cardinal's beak
- Helps combat dry winter air
- Adds healthy moisture, can help with allergies and asthma
- A low-cost, efficient alternative to electric humidifiers
- Adds interest to your wood stove, makes a great conversation piece
- Holds approx. 2½ quarts of water
- Removable lid for easy filling
12"L x 7"W x 10¾"H
Our Cardinal Bird Cast Iron Wood Stove Steamer adds charm to your home and healthful moisture to the air. The nature-inspired design adds interest to your wood stove and makes a great conversation piece.
Watch while the steam puffs out of the Cardinal's beak. It's a fun and functional way to combat dry winter air. Plus, our cast iron steamer serves as an alternative to electric humidifiers, and is helpful for those with allergies and asthma.
This durable, attractive steamer with removable lid holds approx. 2½ quarts of water, so it won't run dry overnight. Matte black finish inside and out.Read More
Care and Cleaning
You can season your steamer just like a cast iron skillet. Wipe the entire steamer, inside and out, with food-grade vegetable oil that has a high smoking point (soybean, canola). Place it in a 400 degree oven for 30-60 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Repeat as needed.
Wash with warm soapy water and a soft-bristled brush. Rinse well and dry thoroughly before storage. Keep in a cool, dry place with the lid off. Place 2-3 paper towels inside to help absorb any moisture/humidity that may accumulate.
Rust will naturally occur. Remove it from your cast iron steamer with a piece of fine-grade sandpaper. Rinse the steamer, dry thoroughly with a soft towel, then re-season.