Cast Iron Wood Stove Red Kettle Steamer with Cardinal Design
Our Red Cardinal Kettle Steamer adds healthy moisture to the air and style to your wood stove.
Finely detailed cast iron kettle holds approx. 2½ quarts of water, so it won't run dry overnight. It makes an attractive, energy-efficient alternative to electric humidifiers, and is often helpful for those with allergies and asthma.
This attractive kettle looks good year round whether you're using your wood stove or not. Cast iron design features a removable lid for easy filling. Matte black enamel with a red finish (inside and out) helps prevent rust.
- Cast iron kettle steamer with handle and lid
- All-over matte black enamel with red finish
- Steam comes out of the openings in lid and spout
- A low-cost way to combat dry winter air
- Adds healthy moisture, can help with allergies and asthma
- An efficient alternative to electric humidifiers
- Holds approx. 2½ quarts of water
- Removable lid for easy filling, handle for portability
11¼"L x 8¾"W x 6"H (excluding handle)
Holds approx. 2½ qt.
Care and Cleaning
You can season your kettle steamer just like a cast iron skillet. Wipe the entire kettle, inside and out, with food-grade vegetable oil that has a high smoking point (soybean, canola). Place it in a 400 degree oven for 30-60 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Repeat as needed.
Wash with warm soapy water and a soft-bristled brush. Rinse well and dry thoroughly before storage. Keep in a cool, dry place with the lid off. Place 2-3 paper towels inside to help absorb any moisture/humidity that may accumulate.
Rust will naturally occur. Remove it from your cast iron kettle with a piece of fine-grade sandpaper. Rinse the kettle, dry thoroughly with a soft towel, then re-season.