Cast Iron Red Flower Trivet
Use this Cast Iron Red Flower Trivet on your wood stove surface under a kettle or steamer to prevent rust spots. It helps protect your stove's surface and slows the boil, so you'll refill less often.
This footed Trivet features a pretty flower design with a matte black enamel and red finish (inside and out) helps prevent rust.
You'll find many uses for this multi-functional piece beyond your wood stove: put it on your counter or tabletop to protect from hot dishes or pots, try it as a plant stand for better air circulation, and it even makes attractive wall decor.
- Cast iron trivet with feet
- Use under a wood stove kettle or steamer
- Helps to prevent rust spots and slows the boil
- Attractive flower design with rustic red finish over matte black
- Use it on your counter or tabletop to protect from hot dishes
- Also make a great plant stand or wall decor
Care and Cleaning
You can season your trivet just like a cast iron skillet. Wipe the surface with food-grade vegetable oil that has a high smoking point (soybean, canola). Place it in a 400 degree oven for 30-60 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Repeat as needed.
Wash with warm soapy water and a soft-bristled brush. Rinse well and dry thoroughly before storage. Keep in a cool, dry place.
Rust will naturally occur. Remove it from your cast iron trivet with a piece of fine-grade sandpaper. Rinse the trivet, dry thoroughly with a soft towel, then re-season.