8-Room Purple Martin Birdhouse
Putting up our 8-Room Purple Martin House is like installing a miniature neighborhood in your backyard. In the eastern U.S., dark, glossy-blue males and brown females will peer from the entrances and chirp from the rooftops all summer. In the west, they tend to nest in woodpecker holes.
With eight rooms on two levels, this house might need a Martin homeowners association or condo board! The house features aluminum and stainless-steel construction, a reflective roof, hinged clean-out doors, a top perch and an all-aluminum base plate and flange.
Our largest swallows, Purple Martins perform aerial acrobatics to snap up flying insects and will be a delight to observe in your garden.
Optional, heavy-duty Telescoping Pole is made with three sections of sturdy 16-gauge galvanized steel tubing and fully extends to 12'H. The base section is 2¼" dia. and includes a 24"L auger for secure installation in the ground. Two safety bolts lock the sections in place and allow you to lower your houses for seasonal cleaning.
Choose the house as a complete kit or as a fully-assembled structure; available with or without the telescoping pole (also sold separately). Made in USA.
- Invite beneficial and delightful swallows to your backyard habitat
- Choose fully assembled or assembly kit; also available with or without telescoping pole
- Eight rooms on two floors welcomes many Purple Martins to your yard
- High-quality aluminum and stainless-steel construction
- Round openings; reflective roof with top perch; hinged clean-out doors
- Aluminum base plate and mounting flange
- Made in USA
House 19"L x 14"W x 14"H
Pole 3" dia. x 12'H with 24" ground auger