12-Room Purple Martin Birdhouse with Starling-Resistant Openings
Putting up our starling-resistant 12-Room Purple Martin house is like installing a miniature neighborhood in your backyard. In the eastern U.S., dark, glossy-blue males and brown females will peer from the entrances and chirp from the rooftops all summer. In the west, they tend to nest in woodpecker holes.
The semi-circular shape and precise height of the opening keep pesky starlings from getting in and give your Purple Martins greater security! The house features cool aluminum and stainless-steel construction, a reflective roof, hinged clean-out doors, a top perch and an all-aluminum base plate and flange.
Our largest swallows, Purple Martins perform aerial acrobatics to snap up flying insects and will be a delight to observe in your garden.
Choose the house as a complete kit or as a fully-assembled structure; available with or without the telescoping pole (also sold separately). Made in USA.
- Invite beneficial and delightful swallows to your backyard habitat
- Choose fully assembled or assembly kit; also available with or without telescoping pole
- Opening size and shape allows access to martins but deters nuisance starlings
- 12 rooms on three floors welcomes many Purple Martins to your yard
- High-quality aluminum and stainless-steel construction
- Reflective roof with top perch; hinged clean-out doors
- Aluminum base plate and mounting flange
- Made in USA
19"L x 14"W x 20"H
Pole 3" dia. x 12'H with 24" ground auger