1. Promotion Description: The ‘Pewter Ornaments Sweepstakes’ ("Sweepstakes") begins on 12/5/2016 at 12:00 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 12/15/2016 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Plow & Hearth® ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Plow & Hearth and not to Facebook. By participating in this sweepstakes entrants agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the continental United States who are of eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Go to Plow & Hearth’s Facebook page during the Promotion Period to enter the Sweepstakes.
Answer the question assigned to the present day’s pewter ornament giveaway.
All entries must be submitted on Plow & Hearth’s Facebook page and must be received within that present day’s Promotion Period 12:00 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)). Entrants who provide an incomplete entry answer will be disqualified.
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD/ENTRANT WILL BE ACCEPTED. ENTRANTS ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER ONE TIME EACH DAY.
Mail-in entries will not be accepted. Only self-entries will be accepted. False or deceptive entries or acts may render an entrant ineligible. Entrants agree to grant Plow & Hearth the right without obligation, unless prohibited by law, to use the contents of your entry, your name, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing all matters related to the Sweepstakes in any medium, throughout the world in perpetuity. Plow & Hearth reserves the right to request and require additional information from the entrant and have their information verified.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes/Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
4. Selection of Winners: Once the daily deadline for entries has passed, an entrant’s answer in the Facebook post’s “Comments” section will be randomly selected as the Winner.
5. Winner Notifications: Winners will be asked on Facebook to send Plow & Hearth a “Direct Message” through Facebook with their name, email and physical mailing address. If a selected Finalist is not eligible, declines, cannot be contacted, or does not respond by within 48 hours, Finalist status will be forfeited, and Finalist status may be awarded to another randomly selected entrant.
6. Prize: Ten (10) winners will be awarded (1) Pewter Ornament (approximate retail value or "ARV": $9.95). One (1) grand prize will be awarded ten (10) pewter ornaments (ARV: $99.50). Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or shipped to addresses within thirty (30) days. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
7. Release: By receipt of any Sweepstakes prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, vendors, contractors and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or other means; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes provided if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in and for the Eastern District of Virginia or the appropriate Virginia State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia. Entrants hereby consent to jurisdiction in the state of Virginia and agree such jurisdiction is the most appropriate and convenient for resolution of disputes related to this Sweepstakes.
11. Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Plow & Hearth Pewter Ornaments Sweepstakes Winners/Rules”, c/o Plow & Hearth, 7021 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, VA 22727. Requests for winners list must be received by July 1, 2017. © 2016 Plow & Hearth, LLC All Rights Reserved.
Delivery time estimates do not apply to personalized, large or heavy items (over 20lbs.) that require special shipping, items shipped directly from the manufacturer, or out-of-stock items.
Delivery estimates only apply to the contiguous United States. Saturday, Sunday and national holidays are not considered business days for these estimated transit days.