|The National Forests Foundation ...
at work for America's forests and communities
|Founded by Congressional charter in 1991, the National Forest Foundation (NFF) engages Americans in community-based and national programs that promote the health and public enjoyment of the 193-million-acre National Forest System. Our National Forests provide us with numerous benefits, including:
• 133,000 miles of hiking trails.
• Fresh water for more than 3,400 communities.
• Habitat for hundreds of wildlife species, from bears to elk, cranes and trout.
• 95 wild and scenic rivers.
• Millions of acres of trees to help absorb and offset carbon emissions.
|With more than 450 local partner organizations and 75,000 volunteers, the NFF works to protect and enhance these many values. Together with our partners, we have completed more than 1,300 projects and have:
• Engaged more than 15,000 youth in outdoor stewardship projects
• Treated 110,000 acres to remove noxious weeds, improving critical wildlife habitat
• Reduced fire hazard on more than 79,000 acres
• Planted 3 million trees, helping restore wildfire-burned landscapes
|Friends of the Forest®|
|The health of America's National Forests depends on people who care about the future of this unique system of public lands. The Friends of the Forest program helps create an informed, caring constituency for our National Forests, and reaches out to build awareness of the issues and values surrounding our National Forests. For more information about resources, recreational and volunteer opportunities, and to subscribe to the electronic newsletter tree-mail™, visit www.nationalforests.org.|
Delivery time estimates do not apply to personalized, large or heavy items (over 20lbs.) that require special shipping, items shipped directly from the manufacturer, or out-of-stock items.
Delivery estimates only apply to the contiguous United States. Saturday, Sunday and national holidays are not considered business days for these estimated transit days.